GMO’s Asia-Pacific client team is comprised of 6 members (split between our Singapore and Sydney offices). The Client Relations Administrative Associate (“Administrative Associate”) will be based in Singapore, and the role is to serve as a direct and dedicated resource for the Consultant Relations, Business Development, and Client Relations staff based in both the Singapore and Sydney offices.
The Administrative Associate is responsible for delivering set monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc client / consultant reporting. In addition, they are responsible for enabling the efficient and effective function of the service and sales team, via:
• Preparation, coordination and review of client meeting materials
• Arranging regular servicing meetings
• Working with RM’s to ensure timely responses to ad-hoc, and follow up requests of clients, prospects, consultants
• Working with various internal teams including investment personnel to solve client needs and queries as they arise
• Working with RM’s to coordinate RFP and Tender responses
• Working with RM’s / internally to onboard new clients
• Completing and updating internal and external databases
• Helping with all the administrative aspects that arise within the team as relates to servicing clients / consultants, and ensuring business development efforts
This position partners closely with multiple departments across GMO, including Global Client Relations in other offices, Investment teams, Graphics, RFP, Marketing, Performance Analytics, Technology, Legal & Compliance, and Treasury to meet our client’s reporting needs.
The Administrative Associate role provides substantial exposure to how GMO communicates with clients and services reporting requests. Additionally, the role will have significant exposure to GMO products, data structures, systems, and investment personnel. A candidate who can demonstrate excellence, attention to detail, and understanding of how the business works will be afforded opportunities for growth as and when appropriate.
The Administrative Associate will report to the regional team leader.
• Dedicated responsibility for specific reporting and fixed client service tasks each month (within mandated deadlines)
• Collaborating with various internal GMO personnel to facilitate end results for clients, consultants, and prospects that leave them satisfied and reflect positively on GMO
• Partnering with RM’s to deliver timely, accurate servicing, responses to queries, the provision of product information and data for business development purposes and supporting the team with other ad hoc requests as needed.
• Provide general client servicing and ad hoc support to clients, consultants and custodians who will habitually engage the team via e-mail and phone
• Interact effectively with prospects and consultants over the phone and via written communication, as appropriate, and in conjunction with the Consultant Relations and Business Development teams
• Assist in the preparation for prospect, consultant, and client meetings, including meeting scheduling, SalesForce updates, participation in pre-meetings and meetings, supporting the creation of presentation materials, and assistance with any follow-up items and meeting notes.
• Develop a thorough understanding of GMO’s policies and procedures in order to help facilitate the efficient delivery of information and services to the prospect, consultant, and client community
• Collaborate with various groups across GMO including: Marketing, Performance Analytics, Investment teams, Operations, as well as Legal and Compliance
• Provide backup support for the Asia-Pacific team members and Singapore and Sydney office managers as needed.
• At least 24 months experience in the investment management business
• University Degree (or equivalent) in Commerce, Finance related discipline
• Demonstrated understanding of investment strategies and markets
• Demonstrated superior client service skills and an interest in growing your career in client relations.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
• Previous experience working with relationship, marketing, or consultant management teams preferred
• Familiarity with Seismic and/or Salesforce preferred, but not required.
• High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
• Approach work with confidence
• Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines
• Self-directed and motivated
• High degree of intellectual curiosity
• Ability to professionally represent GMO